Wow it’s been crazy to be back here at Penn State ! It had been about 8 months since I was in State College, PA! I wanna make this post fairly brief (comparing to some others I’ve done recently) …
I have been back into the swing of things here in SC doing the following :
- meetings with advisors and members of my PhD committee
- attempting to focus enough to get some work done, which for the summer mainly involves literature search and review
- daydreaming of france and one of it’s particular inhabitants
- missing many other peeps in France
- counting down the days until I am back in France
- spending as much friend time as possible with the masters students in my department who will not be here the next time I am in PA.
- Working out and trying not to gain a HUGE amount of American weight! haha. Seriously though, 5lbs gained already, NOT cool! I work out just about every day and I have a 10k race this weekend and already did a great time on my 4k race on the 4th o July. Grrrr american food making me a giant!
- doctors and dentists appointments. gotta make use of my american insurance while I can!
- scheduling trips and whatnot for when I have my 1 more week in Kentucky with my fam and friends.
- Planning trips for when I am back in Europe. Yes, I do already have TGV tickets booked 🙂
- Working on reservations etc for Stockholm which happens at the end of July … a mere 3 weeks away!!
- Working out how I am allowed to spend my new fellowship money. stipulation are silly. I mean seriously, I filled out this application in February and they wanted me to give them an itemized list of how I would spend the money … now I am supposed to stick to it … things change people. GGRRRRR
- Drinking lots of margaritas.
- shopping on Amazon.com with Amazon Prime
- trying to not forget ALL of my french by listening to RFI as much as I can ! (try to daily)
- talking my older sister into coming to visit me in Marseille this fall
- trying to talk EVERYONE I meet here in the States to come visit me in Marseille
- Planning a wine and cheese soiree for next week before I return ! Gonna be awesome-sauce!
- listening to LOTS of Grooveshark and Grooveshark Broadcasts — check ’em out!
- makin a ton of macarons ! (see pics below) mostly to make use of my awesome mixer. But unfortunately … humidity kills my creations. They didn’t turn out as pretty as I’d hoped. they tasted awesome though…you can’t go wrong with maple bacon! 😉
What’s up for my final week in State College ?
- This week is Arts Fest in State College. If you’re around … come check it out. It’s a good time. I am running the 10km race on Sunday … getting a massage tomorrow morning to prepare .. 🙂 WOOO
- wine and cheese soiree tuesday
- giving a practice presentation to my department here at Penn State on Tuesday … there’s coffee and donuts provided, so hopefully they won’t expect too much from my actual presentation. 😉
- I MUST pack my stuff ! Time flies and I have done nothing!
- Working out as much as I can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tennis, running, lifting, group class. I love it all !
- Eating one more round of Mexican food here
- Oh right, and I suppose I should work a bit more I sure am not good at focusing. This is noticeable in that I am blogging mid-day at work 😉
If you read all of that, bravo! I bored myself even. haha. I just wanted to be somewhat caught up with bloggin’ before I headed out to France again.
I have one more week here at Penn State and 1 week in the big ole KY. Then … it’s offfffffffffffffff! Expect 2 more posts in the next two weeks…hold me to that, k?